Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A New Start

Happy new year to everyone!

It has been VERY quiet around here lately.  Nothing much to blog about.  It's been a nice change from the holiday rush and craziness.  As a family we have talked about setting goals for the year.  Gabriel says he wants to learn how to play EVERY instrument.  Good luck with that Gabe.

In church on Sunday we had a wonderful lesson in Relief Society about recommitting ourselves to the gospel.  It was a great reminder of things that I needed to work on.  One of the biggest things that I would like to endeavor to do this year is to keep a journal.  I found a wonderful site called ldsjournal.com.  It is free and seems to be very easy to use.  The greatest part about it is that when you are ready, you can have it printed into a hard bound book.  Can we say "no more writer's cramp"?

In the past, I have found that writing in a journal helps me to ponder things more efficiently.  In my already cramped brain there are too many things bouncing around for me to keep things straight....but when I write things down, it is easier to focus.  It's also nice to reread things later when you'd like to continue the same train of thought.  This is very helpful for me, as I generally lose my train of thought on my way down a flight of stairs.  
"What did I come down here for?"

In case you're interested, we also talked about being optimistic, attending the temple regularly, immersing ourselves in the scriptures, praying fervently, renewing baptismal covenants, and magnifying callings.  All wonderful goals for a new year.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture! It is breath taking! Those are all great goals! I love goal setting and feeling renewed and motivated!It is such a good feeling. And I agree with you on the quietness, it is nice after the "Christmas Rush"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the lesson too. It made me think about recommitting myself more often. I love the ldsjournal.com idea. I'm going to check it out. I need to do more than my family's journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to write anything that I don't have too. I will be looking closer into that. (plus you can't read my wrtiing after about two minutes into it.

    ReplyDelete