Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll Do What You Want Me To Do


I have had a really strong desire lately to serve more in the church.  While waiting for opportunities to arise I have tried to magnify the callings that I currently have.  This has been amazingly fulfilling and has helped me realize that I can serve more without the need of an additional calling.

I also realized that I have other "callings" that are not part of my typical church day.  I have a calling to be a wife and a mother.  I have a calling to search out my ancestors, and perform temple ordinances for them.  I also have a calling to share and defend the gospel.  In D&C 4:3 it states "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work."  By simply having the desire to serve, I have already been called.  Isn't it amazing how the Lord has provided for everything?

After all of this learning and growing, I have actually received another calling!  I get to go on the Pioneer Trek with the youth as a photographer.  Fun!  Funny how thing work out right? 

I'm curious to know what callings you have found!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting! That is an awesome calling!! You are such a good example Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say visiting teaching as a calling I have found since you are the supervisor. You are a great VTer to me. Thanks for all you do. I love this entry because it reminds me that I have much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz you are such an inspiration to me. Your messages give us all "food for thought". I am so proud of you. You will have a blast on the Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a long time to realize that I didn't have to have a calling to Have a calling. One of the most important callings I realized I had besides being a mother and a wife was being a good Neighbor. I have made more friends and met more people by being a good neighbor to everyone. I love my neighbors even the ones that I have arguments with once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete