Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10 Years To Life

These are the perpetraitors:  3-year-old Emelia and her accomplice, 20-month-old Oliver.  Both were found guilty of illegaly wielding sharp scissors and butchering beautiful hair.  The sentence, as passed down by Judge Mommy, is no scissors until the age of ten, with a possibility of being banned for life.

The frontrunner for this heinous crime is 3-year-old Emelia.  This is Emelia's third offense and as such is subject to a possible lifetime scissor-banishment.

She is charged with illegal handling of a sharp object, being a bad example to her younger brother, and evading arrest.

Emelia refused to comment on her sentence.

This is 20-month-old Oliver.  He is charged with destruction of a new haircut, following a bad example, and refusing to stand still for a mug shot.

This was Oliver's second haircut in one day.  He was sentenced to 10 years-no scissors, as well as an immediate haircut mandated by Judge Mommy.

Oliver was too ashamed to comment.

When asked about their sentence, Judge Mommy commented that she thought that Emelia's hair butchering days were over, but she was wrong.  Obviously there is more rehabilitation that needs to take place before these two young convicts can take possession of another pair of scissors.

This is reporter Mommy reporting for the Adams household with a strong reminder to all parents:  Please be aware of all scissors at all times, or this could happen to you.  Stay tuned for updates.

10 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha! This is great, I am sorry to be laughing but man this is just so funny! We never had budding beauticians with my girls, so I never experienced this! Tanner cut up his mattress when he was 4 but that is as close as it has ever gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Thanks for your visit the other day. We think you guys are great. We missed Oliver in nursery on Sunday. Is he feeling okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...the third time? You seem to handle it well. I think I would cry! I have yet to have that happen...Knock on wood!!! I can't believe I said that out loud...hopefully I didn't jinx myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one of the funniest posts I have ever read! I can't believe that is her third time. My kids have done this and we are just barely recovering from it. I also have taken every pair of scissor in our house and put them as high as I can reach! Good luck, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and funny...yet so sad too!! You have some cuties Liz!! Scissors in kids hands freak me out. I love the expressions on their faces, they know that Mommy means business :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You tell this story so well. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, that was the cutest post ever. You are a talented writer, among many other talents! The pictures are priceless! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me want to cry (and laugh) with you! Hope you are recovering from it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And your last post you were talking about how sweet they were. You talked alittle to soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this post! Good on ya for finding the humor!

    ReplyDelete