Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet Girly Girl

This was so sweet that I just had to share it.  I complain about Eme a lot, but she really is a very sweet little girl.

For those of you who may not know, Ryan raises rats and mice as feeders for snakes and other reptiles.  These are the joys of my life....
Anyway, today Eme was helping Ryan pull all the little pinkies out so that he could freeze them before sending them to the pet store.  Eme LOVES all animals and has a great talent for handling them.  So, picture my sweet little Eme with a handful of baby mice....

Eme:  Why you gonna freeze them Dad?
Ryan:  So the snakes can eat them.
Eme begins to tear up.
Eme:  But their mommies will be so sad!

She ran inside sobbing to me that all the baby mice were gone.
This nearly broke poor Ryan, who is not an emotional sort of guy.  He said that he nearly put some of them back so that Eme wouldn't be so upset.  

I've never known someone more compassionate than Emelia.  
She will be a great woman someday.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Even if they are feeder mice, they are still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! What a precious girl! I love that she values life under any circumstances. You're right. That will make her a great woman someday.

    ReplyDelete