Thursday, December 18, 2008

Monday Monday

My entire life I have heard the songs relating all the evils of Monday.  I think they had it very wrong.  On Monday I am usually still on a spiritual high from my Sabbath day experience.  The world seems lovely and rosey.  And then comes the REAL day that these songs should be lamenting.  THURSDAY.  Thursday is my own personal Monday.  I am generally worn out and ready for a break, but it is not to be had....yet.  It is days like this that I truly feel at war for my very salvation.  I have a very real sense of Satan's attempts to influence my life.  I think that today.....I won.

Luckily for my children and everyone else I associated with today, I had a Primary music CD playing in my car.  Throughout this day of absolute craziness I would climb into the car weary, worn, and irritated.  But then I would hear the music and the sweet words of hope and joy offered up in loving worship to our Savior and my heart would find peace again.  It was the most amazing blessing that I have ever received.   If I can win this war on a Thursday....I can win it any day....with help of course.

3 comments:

  1. Wednesday is my Monday! I guess we all have them! Hang in there...it is Friday now! Date night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! And thank goodness for primary songs, they have saved so many people from my orneriness too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a real writing talent. It was so well said. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete