Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Learning Something New

So......thanks to Carrie, I am now trying to be the coupon girl.  I am grateful to her for introducing me to this endeavor, but I am a little miffed that she didn't tell me about it until she was leaving.  So.....here I am.

I am just beginning, but I think that I am doing pretty well.  Here is my latest shopping adventure.

I went to two different stores (Publix and Kroger).  Here are some of the things that I got.  "After" includes sales and coupons.

Brown Sugar - before $1.69 after $.89
4 lb. white sugar - before $2.49 after $1.79
Pure vanilla extract - before $8.99 after $4.39
Yeast - before $1.99 after $.40
Spaghetti Sauce - before $1.79 after $.01
Apples - before $7.19 after $2.91
Progresso soup - before $2.39 after $1.00

I won't bore you with my entire grocery list.  But the point is that I got $67.25 worth of groceries and paid $26.22.  

I think I did pretty well for a beginner.  And the best part is that this shopping trip contributed quite a bit to my food storage.

Thanks Carrie.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Itsn't it a wonderful feeling?!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I LOVE hearing about it! I still kinda get a "high" after grocery shopping when I get that sort of deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever have coupons that are good but out dated. Send them on over. We can use any coupons up to six months past the exp. date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great liz. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but I did tell you! I havent found a store out here that doubles coupons, so I am a little bummed out. Have fun with it. It is a great adventure sometimes.

    ReplyDelete