Friday, May 8, 2009

Like Free Stuff?

So, I LOVE free stuff.  It makes me feel like I went shopping without the impending and gloomy guilt.

This week I have gotten free:
  • Chuck-E-Cheese tokens.  Just sign your child up to receive birthday party information and you get 20 free tokens for their birthday month.
  • Really cool font.  Of course there are always free font sites, but this one I got from the Creating Keepsakes blog.  I really like it a lot.  I am kind of a font fanatic.
  • This may not seem free to you, and you can't get it from me....but I LOVE getting food from my garden.  It's not exactly free, but it sure feels like it.  Our strawberries are doing great this year, and I feel like I am saving $3 every time the kids bring in a bowl full of such a sweet treat.
  • I also signed up for a sweepstake for free groceries for a year.  Sorry, this one's over as of today. :(  But you can send good energy my way and help me win!

Send me a comment and tell everyone what YOU get for free.  
Share the wealth.

2 comments:

  1. craigslist baby! We have had a few things picked up that we would have had to pay to have hauled away- we just listed them as free on craigslist and everyone won!
    Also, I just got a free wooden swing set off of craigslist! Someone was building a new, bigger one for their kids in their backyard and wanted the old one out of the way. Gotta love rich people with nothing else to spend their money on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the occasional free (and legal) MP3 download. I LOVE when getting a $10-off-any-purchase-of-$10-or-more coupon from JC Penny!! Free, brand new jeans for my kids, woo-hoo! I also work at matching coupons with sales and occasionally get a stack of pasta or cereal and the like for free. Good stuff. I love raiding my mom's stash of fabric and making something new with fabric I didn't pay for.

    And while I agree that doing your own food preparation doesn't exactly qualify as free, I love opening my pantry or freezer door and looking at my jars of grape juice from my own vine, and salsa from my in law's garden, ect. All bottled in jars that various neighbors and friends don't want anymore.

    I'm just lucky to be surrounded by people that are generous with their possessions!

    ReplyDelete