Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Every year we go down to my grandmother's house in Florida to celebrate with her and my Aunt Cecilee. We have so much fun. We stay in the kitchen for nearly two days cutting, rolling, filling, and laughing. This is one of the things that I am truly thankful for. The companionship of women is a marvelous thing.

The other thing that I LOVE when we go down is that my grandma has a big yard, and all the little kids go run outside and play until they fall over exhausted.

I am also thankful that my mom and sister went with us this year. It has been more than five years since I was able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom. I love her now more than ever. Who isn't thankful for their mother after having children?

I hope that your Thanksgiving was as fun and stress-relieving as mine!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time. It is so true about being more appreciative of our mothers once we become a mother. I love seeing you guys at church. We need to make a point of seeing each other more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a great day! And thanks for sharing about Australia, I was wondering if it was good! I am going to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture of the table. It's so beautiful.

    BTW, what's your current address? I'd love to send you my annual letter. IF you don't object, please email it to me at lbardwell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete